Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Sean and Kate

I really meant to send birthday wishes yesterday. I gave him a big kiss in the morning and sang to him, but I kind of got caught up in telling you about the Bobtail Olympics.

So.....belated birthday wishes to Sean Thornton and Mary Kate Danaher. I got Sean and Kate when they were 3 days old. There were 4 red boys and 1 very tortie girl in the litter. A true Irish family. I kept Sean and Kate to raise and someone else took the other three boys. My intention of course was to adopt them out. Well....10 years later, they're still here. Mom and Dad have Kate and I have Sean. They are of course named for the characters in the John Wayne movie, "The Quiet Man". I love "The Quiet Man". My Maine Coon is Celticpride Quiet Man of ClubRed. Yes, ClubRed. I have so many red cats I gave myself a cattery name. And what happens after I do that? I get three non-red cats. Oh well, what are you going to do?

Back to Sean. Many of you who know me and the herd know how special my Sean is. I almost lost him 10 years ago to toxoplasmosis. We got him over that and I swore that he wasn't going anywhere after that. Too special. Once we moved to California Sean did something very interesting. He chewed off most of his fur. Very neatly and cleanly. I couldn't have done a better job with a pair of clippers. At one point he kind of looked like a giant Sphynx with a fur cape. My sweet Sean. I firmly believe that he and Kate are twins. They don't live together anymore. They haven't seen each other in about 8 years. But they do the same thing at the same time occasionally. I'll call Mom, "has Kate been throwing up?" So has Sean. For awhile when they were younger, they liked to crawl under throw rugs. Well.....you guessed it. They would do that at the same time as well.

Sean is much bigger. He is over 20 pounds. He should only be about 16. Kate is longer and leaner and moves like a cheetah. But Sean is the sweet one. Kate is the tortie. Enough said.

So hug your babies, give them extra kisses and......
meow for now
melissa and Sean