Thursday, April 24, 2008

Last show of the season

Well, it is finally here. The last show of the season. Whew!! And just think, it all starts again in a few weeks. Sorry for not posting more this week. But.....it's been crazy trying to get prepared for the show this weekend. I've been busy putting weight on Polar, cleaning, packing, getting food together to bring to the show.

It was requested that I bring avocados to the show this weekend. So of course, I can't just bring avocados. I have to make something with those avocados. Attendees of the Tucson show will be able to feast on guacamole and a pasta dish that has an avocado cream sauce. Yum!! This is one of my favorite dishes. It's good either cold or warm. Which is good because they're getting it cold!!

Most everything is done. Just some final things once I get home from work. Polar is all clean and pretty. Show bags are packed. Just need to load the car, feed the cats and hit the road for a beautiful drive across the desert at night. The drive should be nice. We should be hitting the California/Arizona border close to sunset. The weather has been perfect. Can't ask for much more than that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. If you're going to a show have fun and get some good points. Most importantly, have FUN. It's only a cat show. If you're not one of my crazy showing buddies, then hope your weekend is good, no matter what you do.

Happy Birthday on Sunday to my niece Shannon. She's going to be 14!! Oh my God, 14!!! Where has the time gone? Pretty soon, driving. I think I just sprouted a few more gray hairs, just like I did when I got the notice about my 20 year high school reunion.

Update: I can't remember if I mentioned the little pregnant cat that we rescued at the Lodi show a few weeks ago. Just heard that she is finally a Mama. She had 6 little kittens. Happy Ending.

Until Monday or Tuesday,
meow for now,
melissa