Monday, April 14, 2008

Arcadia show this past weekend

Well, another show weekend, another exhausted Monday. :-) We had a show in Arcadia this past weekend. And as usual, the competition was fierce.

Frosty came away with 6 out of 10 finals. Woohoo!! Frosty spent most of the weekend sprawled on the grooming space enjoying his catnip and charming spectators.

Our little Polar had a harder time this weekend. :-( He only finaled in one ring this weekend. When you go into a show, knowing that the top cats won't be there, you start to feel a little confident. Then reality strikes. A beautiful Persian that hasn't left his home state to show ventured out and did exceptionally well, and deservedly so. Chester, the Maine Coon, was as usual, his normal red self. I love this guy!! And Dun, the Pixie Bob, was just shining this weekend. With competition like this......

We did reach a conclusion that perhaps Polar is a bit on the skinny side. It didn't occur to me until this weekend, even though Jon has been saying that Polar was thin, that Polar has maybe lost some weight since Pony came to live with us. Of course, since the arrival of Pony, we've had the Bobtail Olympics. More activity and the same amount of food taken in equals a thinner Polar. :-(

So, starting today, we're going to try and bulk up Polar. I had several suggestions of what to feed him. Thanks to those and their suggestions. We'll see if they make a difference by Tucson. I have his ground sirloin defrosting in the refrigerator as we speak. I will make him some hard boiled eggs when I get home and purchase the Nutro kitten on my way home as well. I believe someone even mentioned cottage cheese as well. I'll also add some cooked chicken to his diet as well.

If anyone else has some suggestions, by all means email me and let me know your successful formula. megncats@cox.net

Two weeks left in the show season. We're in the final stretch. See everyone in Tucson.

meow for now
melissa