Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Congrats on a great season

I'm continuing the thread of the earlier post. I wanted to congratulate everyone on a great season. It was fun going head to head with you. I felt privileged whenever Polar finaled in such good company. For all those who fought the good fight, brought competition to the ring fairly and played by the rules, I salute you.

I'm sure to some, this seems like an odd sentence. But to others it's not. There were some this season who don't know what the spirit of fair competition means. They needed to be best. They didn't get it, but that was the only thing they could focus on. Whether it was drugging their cats or talking up the judges while their cats were on the table or whatever tactic they decided to use for their gain. What did it get them? A loss of respect for one.

Oh well. I for one believe in karma. What goes around comes around. I play fair. I put a great cat in the ring and let things take it from there. I don't have to be number one. It would be nice, but not necessary. The purpose of my existence isn't dependent on whether or not Polar is Best Alter. Polar could be 20th Best Alter and I would be happy and proud. He will get the same amount of praise and kisses from me whether he was best or 10th in a ring.

So anyhow. Thanks to everyone who competed this year. I loved seeing all the great cats. I was very honored by the kind comments from many of you about Polar. I am in love with this cat. He is the cat some wait forever for. He's a dream to show, he's a perfect example of his breed and he's the cutest thing on the face of the earth. I feel very privileged that Jon and Jan chose me to be Polar's Mom. It was the greatest gift that anyone could have ever given me. I also feel very privileged that they allowed me to haul Frosty to all the shows with me. I almost feel like he is mine. I just adore Mr Frosty Paws. It was an honor to show such a wonderful cat this season for them. I of course have been teasing Jon that Frosty loves me more.....:-)

A special nod to some of my favorite alters: Scottie, love those cheeks. Nippy aka Jet, such an elegant cat. A wow cat. Nanuk, the second softest cat in the show hall. Chester, hooray for the red cat!! Valerie Horton, your girl was just to die for. I'm so sorry, I don't remember her call name. Judy and Diane, I loved meeting Simba. He's such a cool dude. There are many others. My brain is still mush from the weekend. I'll be posting more nods in the days to come.

meow for now,
melissa