Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Albuquerque show and other updates

Well....we're back from Albuquerque. It was a long tiring weekend. Flying in for me, driving in for Jon. Poor Jon drove over 1800 miles to and from the show. Poor thing was pretty tired. Plus he had to show the cats himself on Friday as my flight didn't get in until 11:00.

The end result....it was worth going. First of all, Nicky couldn't go because of an eye injury. So we were able to substitute his sister, Alexandra. Well...the little adorable alternate took home 12 finals!! All total we brought home 47 finals including 5 best cat, kitten, or alter awards. Everyone got at least one best, Frosty got 2. I don't have the catalog with all the notes in it. Jon took it. I believe, if memory serves, PJ got 13 finals, Alexandra got 12 and Frosty and Polar each got 11. Something like that. Given that there were 4 Siberian kittens in attendance and 4 Siberian cats in attendance, we're pretty honored that the judges liked our cats enough to final them. They actually had a choice.

Jon had two litters born while he was on the road. A litter of Bengals were born on Wednesday and a litter of American Bobtails were born on Saturday. A litter of Siberians is due any day now from Sasha and Izzy should be due in a few weeks. It's an exciting time for us right now.

Can you believe that it's the end of October already? Where does the time go? The show season is half over with the toughest half yet to come. We'll be fighting for every final and point that we can get. But it will all be worth it when the dust settles and we have some cats in the top 25. The main one to get into the top 25 this season would be Polar. Frosty already has an IW, but another one wouldn't be too bad. Nicky and PJ probably won't make top 25, but we're sure going to try. We're definitely hoping for breed wins on everyone. Time will tell.

There is other exciting news that will be coming from the Kokopellie Cattery soon. I'll meow about it next week. It's something that we're really excited about. Can't wait to share it with everyone.

New updates will be on the website shortly. I'm hoping to re-do all the photos in the next few weeks. Some new pages will be published soon. I'm adding an "At the Show" page. It will show photos taken at the shows or on the way to and from the shows. I'm also going to add a page that shows all of Jon's show cats from the past. It's taking some time to gather all those pictures, titles and awards. Should be kind of fun and a walk down memory lane for Jon. I'm also going to try and create a photo page. I'll post all the old photos that I'm taking down from the site plus any others that we have. We love to share photos!!

And I'm thinking about another exciting new update for the website. Something that I haven't even told Jon about yet. It just came to me while typing this. I'll have to try it and see if it works first.

meow for now,
melissa