Thursday, May 1, 2008

something to consider

This is what I love about this blog. I get to write about whatever is on my mind. About anything and everything. Something that is on my mind as we wrap up the season and start a new season. This is something to consider for those who are fortunate.

Many people show for years without an international win. Some don't even make regional wins. But they continue to show. They come to every show. They smile, they buy raffle tickets, they cheer on the other cats, they have a great time. But they don't get awards at the end of the season. I've been lucky to get a regional award just about every season that I've showed in. LUCKY!! This year I'm extremely blessed that I'm finally getting an international award. I'm getting the IW because Jon was kind enough to allow me to co-own Painted Pony with him. Now all he has to do is figure out how to get her back!! :-) I've tried desperately for the last two years to get an international on Polar. He has gotten an International breed win last year and he will this year as well. I've been blessed. I've been blessed with a great cat named Polar.

There are some people who are equally blessed. There are some people who don't realize how lucky and blessed they are. They sit in the rings at the shows and pout if they don't get first. They walk around all mopey if they don't take every ring. They're disappointed because they didn't finish first. Too bad, poor baby. You're finishing in the top 20. Be grateful. Be thankful. Be considerate. Realize that there are 1130 alters who weren't so lucky. If you're showing in the cat class, realize that there were 2857 cats that weren't so lucky. I could go on........

So here is your something to consider: Life will go on even if you didn't finish first. If you're not happy with your placement, realize that there are 1130 other alters that would gladly trade places with you. So please stop looking for people to pity you because you didn't finish first. There are thousands who would love to be in your predicament.

There, I've said my peace. For now.......:-)
meow for now,
melissa