Monday, November 3, 2008

Don't forget to vote

Well.....it's finally here. The day we've been hearing about for the last year and a half, almost two years. Election day is tomorrow. Some already know who they're voting for. Some are still deciding and some will wait tomorrow and decide when the name is sitting in front of them.

Those of us in the cat world are also facing another election. The ballots were mailed to the membership to choose the President and Vice President of TICA. Unlike the national election, I actually like my candidate choices for the TICA elected offices. And I am very happy to say that I can call all three candidates my friends. Which actually makes things a bit tougher. :-(

So......go to the polls tomorrow and vote for the candidate of your choosing. All I would say is to put some thought into your choice. Think long and hard about who you're going to vote for. Choosing someone because of the color of their skin or lack of color in their skin is the wrong way to vote. Way the issues, research voting records, think about what they can bring to the office, then make your decision. Just as long as you vote. If you don't vote, you have no right to piss and moan about who won the election. Because you weren't part of the process.

Remember to vote tomorrow. And.....for those of you who aren't all that excited about any of the candidates, may I suggest a write in? I truly believe that my Polar would make an excellent President with my Pierre as his Vice Presidential pick. Pierre would bring the experience that Polar is lacking. :-) So.....vote for Kokopellies Polar Express and Pierre tomorrow!! :-)